A wonderful warm dish for a winter's evening that nourishes your heart.
Chili made with ground beef and beef heart and a flavorful array of spices is the perfect meaty meal. Although many people think that chili must contain beans - difficult to digest and of questionable value - a true chili is based on the chili powder and some hearty food to carry the spicy flavors. Enjoy this chili - easy to make and easier to eat!
- 1 grass fed beef heart
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 quarts of chopped tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- olive oil – organic, virgin
- Tabasco to flavor
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- Few dashes each: salt, pepper, paprika
- Cut the beef heart into cubes and brown lightly in olive oil in a large pot.
- Remove the heart from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pot and cook onions and peppers til onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, cook for another few minutes.
- Add the 2 lbs of ground beef, and cook thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes, and stir to combine.
- Add beef heart back in, with Tabasco and other spices.
- Stir to mix thoroughly
- Simmer for a few hours, stirring every 5-10 minutes.
Shared with permission from www.robbwolf.com