I love spotting the beautiful orange persimmon globes on wintry trees this time of year, almost as much as this wonderful soup made from the fruit!
- Peel 6-8 persimmons. Slice if firm (fuyus), or scoop out if soft (hachiyas).
- Combine with 1 chopped onion, 1-1/2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- Saute in 6 Tbsp butter til golden
- Add 1/4 C chicken broth, simmer til it begins to stick.
- Repeat step 4 three more times.
- Sprinkle in 1-1/2 tsp curry powder and saute an additional 30 seconds.
- Add 3 more cups of broth, bring to boil. Simmer til tender.
- Blend and serve with creme fraiche, sour cream, or plain yogurt.
Garnish with a little fresh parsley or cilantro. Enjoy!